Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sauerkraut

I have been reading allot lately about Fermented foods and they were number ten on my new PCOS list. So I decided to give it a try.

I googled allot of different recipes and then combined that with what I have read in the Body Ecology Diet and came up with a recipe /system that would work with what I had on hand.

I shredded half a head of organic cabbage and massaged in some sea salt. Then I layered the cabbage in a small mason jar smashing it down with a wooden spoon. I added a little water between each layer until my jar was full. Then I washed one of the outer cabbage leaves and used it to create a seal. I added water to a smaller jar and used that as the weight. I set the whole contraption in a bowl and covered it with a dishtowel. This was really easy and I am excited to see how this turns out.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR MEASURING CUPS in the background of this pic! I used mine today. actually, I use mine EVERYDAY! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete