Friday, March 26, 2010

Snicker Doodle Cookies

These are FANTASTIC. I made them last night for the Bike-A-Thon at my daughters school. They were a HIT at snack time with all those adorable three year olds adorned in over sized helmets. OH! TOOOOO CUTE!
I just Love Love Love all these little people! It was crazy madness, but by the looks on their faces, it was worth the work. Thank you school - for putting this on to help St Jude Hospital.
OK, I know. I know. You are here for the recipe....well, now you know it is kid tested and approved, as well as School tested and approved. So here it is:


SNICKER DOODLES

3/4 C Zylotol (sugar or sugar replacement- I use Zylotol in all my baking)

1 egg (room temp)

10 TBS butter (room temp)

1/2 tsp vanilla extract(alcohol-free)

3/4 C sweet rice flour

1/4 C brown rice flour

1/2 C potato starch

1 tsp cream of tartar

1/4 tsp Atlantic Sea salt

1/2 tsp guar gum

_________________

3 Tbs Zylotol (or sugar)

2 tsp cinnamon

Combine dry ingredients: flour, starch, salt, tartar, gum. stir and set aside.

Cream together Zylotol and room temp butter until mixed well.

Add egg and vanilla. Beat on medium until mixed well and fluffy.

Add the dry ingredients to the butter/egg/zylotol mixture. Stir until mixed then blend on medium for several seconds.

In a separate bowl, combine the 3 Tbs zylotol and Cinnamon. Roll dough into balls (smaller than a ping pong or golf ball) roll them in the mixture and place them on a cookie sheet using parchment paper.

Bake at 340 degrees about 10-13 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

In-Joy!

Dannielle

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! We really like snickerdoodles. I haven't used Zylotol in a while, but I have some in my cabinet. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete