Monday, January 11, 2010

Bread



Bread-base recipe
I use this recipe for most of my bread recipes. I modified a few things from a recipe I found on http://www.elenaspantry.com/. I use this modified recipe to make Apple Coffee Cake-which turned out fantastic! I will post the recipe for that another day....

As for now, this base recipe can be used for everyday sandwich bread! It doesn't fall apart, and is light enough to feel like a real sandwich, yet, it is filling and does the trick with grilled cheeze sandwiches! When my three year old eats it, she always pulls up her shirt to show her cute little belly, and shows me how full her belly is....

Dry:
1 3/4 Cups Fine Almond Flour (blanched is best)
3/4 Aarowroot powder
1/8 Cup Flax Meal
1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda

Wet:
5 eggs (regular size or 4 Large eggs)
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1 tsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine Dry ingredients
2. In a large bowl mix eggs until they are frothy but not too dry
3. Add Agave Nectar and AC Vinegar, blend again until mixed well- but not too much.
4. Combine Dry ingredients into Wet.
5. Mix well
6. Pour batter into a well greased 7.5 x 3.5 loaf pan
Bake for 32-37 minutes-until a toothpick comes out clean
I cover loosly with foil the last 3-5 minutes to keep the top from becoming too crunchy.
Cool before slicing

In-Joy!
Dannielle

No comments:

Post a Comment